NORTHEAST ENERGY DIRECT VIGILS
*POSTPONED FOR NOW – Stay Tuned!
THURSDAYS — NORTHFIELD, MA
NORTHFIELD “COMPRESSOR STATION” VIGILS
Every Thursday – 4:00 – 5:00 pm
For more info, call Hattie Nestel, 978-790-3074 or email email@example.com .
Northfield Town Hall
FRIDAYS — PITTSFIELD, MA
— Kinder Morgan Office Protest. Just imagine, for a second, if hundreds of us converged on North St for the one hour! Each one of us makes a difference. And it’s just one hour. A New Year’s resolution to feel good about. Hope to stand with you this Friday!
EVERY FRIDAY! (*Check with Jan to see if it’s on! 413-684-3732)
37 North St.
near the Kinder Morgan office sign (next to Persnickety Toys)
SATURDAYS — NORTHFIELD, MA
NORTHFIELD TOWN HALL PIPELINE VIGILS
Every Saturday Morning – 8:30-9:30
— Can’t make it to the Thursday Compressor Station Vigils? Join us downtown on Saturday mornings. Contact Julia for more info.
Northfield Town Hall
SUNDAYS — PLAINFIELD, MA
PLAINFIELD PIPEYARD PROTEST
Every Sunday at Noon
— At the location where Kinder Morgan wants use APR protected agricultural land for a contractor yard.
184 East Main Street
(0.6 mile east on Rte. 116 from the corner of 116 and South Central Street). For info call Jane 617.699.0671
ONGOING SPECTRA-W.Roxbury VIGILS!
— Weekday morning worksite protests.
Check the Facebook page for more updates.
ANYWHERE YOU ARE!
— NED Quilt Project. Looking for one person from each effected community to get together to decorate a square for the quilt. Please contact Peggy with your interest and availability.
WEEKLY PIPELINE PRAYER
Monday Evenings, 6-7 pm (EST)
An Invitation from Diane McGary
I am very much against the pipeline which is slated to come through so many communities from Pennsylvania to Dracut (and points east). There are so many reasons NOT to do this. But the pipeline destined for my town is not the only one out there. There are others. Please join me in trying to stop them.
I am a great believer in the power of prayer. As an addition to what’s being done, I would like to add a prayer movement across the pipelines, starting now. This is hard because I won’t be able to physically meet with people, after all, the pipeline is very long, but I know that being physically together isn’t necessary for prayer to be powerful.
I am asking that others who feel so inclined take 5 – 10 minutes each Monday evening to pray for this project and similar projects, for things along the lines of:
1) May the Native Peoples and First Nations rights to be respected and their refusals upheld
2) May the necessary supporting studies on water, air, soil, noise and other long term pollutants be carried out soon
3) May the explosions and leaks from pipelines be explored and evaluated in a proper manner
4) May people’s complaints about lack of respect and lack of response, be honored and addressed so that the industry starts to respond in a timely manner
5) May all leaks be fixed
6) May fire, police and first responders be given proper training to do more than just evacuate and watch the leaks and subsequent destruction continue
7) May the industry’s standard for response and safety measures be tightened and strengthened to better protect landowners, wildlife, and the land, air, water, soil and all living beings.
8) May FERC become more responsive and receptive to community ‘no’s’ and may they start refusing permission for pipelines
9) May the Federal and State governments raise industry safety standards.
10) May pipeline control become more local
11) May the communities effected by pipelines get more support and publicity for their causes
12) May lawyers come forward to help those defending the land, air, water, earth
13) May we be successful in not only stopping the pipeline but putting in place alternative energy sources and energy conservation
14) May more permanent jobs come forward so that folks aren’t covetous of temporary positions building and developing pipelines
15) May more permanent alternative energy jobs become available.
16) May funding for alternative energy sources multiply and increase alternative energy resources as well as availability
17) May our elected officials and politicians understand and support our stop the pipeline movement
18) May our elected officials and politicians fund alternative efforts and research
19) May our land, water, air be protected for us and for future generations
20) May you hear our prayers
Whatever your concerns, your religious and/or philosophical path, please join me. If you cannot do this for the whole hour, than put aside 5 – 10 minutes.
If Mondays between 6 – 7 doesn’t work for you then do it at another time. Just please consider making this a part of your prayer life and your spiritual requests, just like praying for your loved ones. After all, if we don’t love the earth, water, air, how will we live? These are gifts God has given us. Let’s be conscious of them.
Please pass this on. I have other commitments and cannot create a physical meeting place, but physical presence doesn’t matter. Spiritual presence and prayers matter.
Thanks considering joining me, and thanks for passing this on.