• 12/21/16 – PLAN-NE comments on closing the Access Northeast FERC Docket:
“For the foregoing reasons, and for the sake of the thousands of people in scores of communities who have had this Project looming over them for over a year, we respectfully request that the Commission close this Docket No. PF16-1. We further request that the Commission deny any further request by Algonquin to open a new docket relating to proposed expansion of its system unless and until, at a minimum, (1) the company has state approval of sufficient capacity contracts to render the proposed new infrastructure commercially viable and (2) any and all affiliate transactions have been thoroughly examined to prevent improper self-dealing.”
» Read full statement
• 12/16/16 update:
“Algonquin believes it is prudent to take additional time to solidify the commercial foundation for critically needed infrastructure and to complete its analysis of the Access Northeast facilities. As such, Algonquin expects limited activity on the FERC docket while this evaluation is ongoing. Algonquin will re-engage with FERC Staff, agencies and other interested stakeholders through pre-filing activities during the first half of 2017. Algonquin anticipates filing draft Resource Reports by mid-2017 followed by the FERC Application in late 2017. Algonquin appreciates the diligent work that has been accomplished to date on the project through the FERC pre-filing process by the FERC Staff, agencies and other interested stakeholders. Algonquin will resume providing updates in the monthly progress reports in 2017 as the Project advances.”
» Read the full weekly update
• Burrillville, RI passes resolution opposing Access Northeast
• 9/23/16 — Spectra’s Access Northeast Project Status Report filed today, further delay for the RRs release: “While the pre-filing draft Resource Reports were planned to be filed in September, Algonquin believes it is prudent to take additional time to finalize the draft reports in order to complete the analysis for any potential revisions to the Access Northeast facilities as expected by the FERC staff, agencies and other interested stakeholders. Algonquin will provide a further update in the next monthly progress report.”
• 8/22/16 — Eversource files Motion to Withdraw DPU Application #15-181 that would have sought compensation for capacity on Access Northeast from electric ratepayers.
• 8/17/16 — “Pipeline tax” on electric bills that would have funded electric generation customer investment in Access Northeast declared illegal by Mass. Supreme Judicial Court.
Interactive map for Weymouth compressor station / pipeline impact zones.
FERC Docket #: PF16-1
Status: Pre-filed with FERC; Scoping Comment period ended